Here are 10 simple things you can do to stop global warming.
- Change a light : Replace regular bulbs with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. They consume less power then ordinary bulbs and have longer lifetime. Some countries have completely banned the usage of ordinary bulbs and force the common public to use CFL bulbs.
- Drive less : By driving less you are not only saving fuel but also helping in reducing global warming. Also, look out for other possibilities, for eg: car pooling. If you have colleagues who live in the same area then you can combine trips. If you need to go to a local market then either walk or go by cycle. Both of them are great form of exercise.
- Recycle more : Try to use the disposable products into some other form. Just don’t throw them away. You can recycle almost anything for eg: paper, aluminium foils, cans, newspapers. By recycling you can help in reducing landfills .
- Check your tyres : When you drive make sure your tyres are inflated properly. If not, then obviously they will consume more fuel. Keep your engine properly tuned and drive less aggressively. Aggressive driving and frequent applying of brakes hampers the engine and can lower the mileage of your car.
- Use less hot water : Buy energy saving geysers and dishwasher for your home. Avoid washing clothes in hot water. Just wash them in cold or warm water. Avoid taking frequent showers and use less hot water. It will help in saving energy require to produce that energy.
- Avoid products with lot of packaging : Just don’t buy products with lot of packaging. When you buy such products you will end up in throwing the wate material in the garbage, which then will help in filling landfill sites and pollute the envoinment. Also, discourage others from buying such products.
- Adjust your thermostat : Geysers consume lot of electricity. Use the thermostat to lower down the temperature. The easiest and most cost effective advice is simply adjusting your thermostat up in the summer and down in the winter.
- Turn off electronic devices : Turn off electronic devices when you are moving out for a couple of days or more. Unnecessary usage of electronic appliances will not only save fuel i.e. coal by which we get electricity but also increase the lifetime of your gadgets.
- Plant a tree : Planting trees can help much in reducing global warming then any other method. They not only give oxygen but also take in carbon dioxide, during the process of photosynthesis, which is the main source of global warming.
- Spread the awareness : Always try your best to educate people about global warming and it’s causes and after affects. Tell them how they can contribute their part by saving energy that will be good for the environment. Gather oppurtunities and establish programs that will help you to share information with friends, relatives and neighbours.